Hope House (for Women And Children)

P O Box 7477
Alexandria, LA 71306

318-487-2061 Go To Website Go to Facebook
Class of Housing: supportive housing for women.

General Information:
Hope House provides up to 2 years of transitional housing for women and children. Residents may stay free of charge but there is a small meal fee. The program has the capacity to house up to 40. Other services include: Food, mental health services, daycare, education, life skill classes and a case manager. Potential clients must make an appointment with a case manager to determine if this program is appropriate for them. For more information contact Hope House or visit the Hope House website. If our information is incorrect or incomplete please report this listing and let us know. Hope House Offers:     Housing in a supportive, empowerment-based environment, for a length of up to two years     Confidential Case Management Services     Confidential Supportive Services Management     Educational/Vocational Training Assistance, including Comprehensive Life Skills Training Program     Transportation Assistance for emergency medical needs     Educational Opportunities, including GED preparation     Emotional support: group meetings, empowerment-based discussions, peer support     Clothing/Personal Items/Tangible needs     Parenting Classes     Child Care Assistance     After School Tutoring Program through Rapides Parish School Board     Children Services     Confidential Community Referrals     Other Supportive Services

Website: http://www.cenlahopehouse.org/

Helpful Definitions For Hope House (for Women And Children):

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at Hope House (for Women And Children):
Be a volunteer. Call Hope House (for Women And Children) at 318-487-2061 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:
ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Hope House (for Women And Children)' directly at: 318-487-2061

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Hope House (for Women And Children), please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...