New Community Shelter - Transitional Living Program

301 Mather Street
Green Bay, WI 54303

General Information:
The Transitional Living Program provides up to 2 years of transitional housing for homeless individuals. Participants pay $250 a month toward program fees and are required to put down a $250 security deposit. Participants must be employed, employable or have a legal source of income. Case management is provided. For more information contact New Community Shelter or visit the New Community Shelter website.

Helpful Definitions For New Community Shelter - Transitional Living Program:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at New Community Shelter - Transitional Living Program:
Be a volunteer. Call New Community Shelter - Transitional Living Program at 920-437-3766 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'New Community Shelter - Transitional Living Program' directly at: 920-437-3766

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding New Community Shelter - Transitional Living Program, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...