Providence House

P.o. Box 128
Naples, FL 34106

(239) 692-8779 Visit Website Go to Facebook
General Information:
Providence House is a faith-based, transitional housing and self-sufficiency program for motivated women with minor children who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. For more information contact Providence House or visit the Providence House website. Providence House is not right for everyone. Lifestyle change takes commitment and hard work. Some women have problems that will make it difficult for them to succeed in our program or that exceed the resources and parameters of our program. Applicants must demonstrate the desire and motivation to benefit from and make the greatest use of all services offered. Additionally, an applicant:     Must be at least 18 years old     Must have legal custody of her children (who must currently live with her)     Must have a full-time job or a combination of work and school/vocational training     Must understand that Providence House is a self-sufficiency program that includes transitional housing in its array of services. We are not a shelter nor do we offer emergency housing.


Helpful Definitions For Providence House:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at Providence House:
Be a volunteer. Call Providence House at (239) 692-8779 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Providence House' directly at: (239) 692-8779

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Providence House, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...