Area Substance Abuse Council - Adult Halfway House (substance Abuse)

3601 16th Avenue Sw
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404

General Information:
The Adult Halfway House provides up to 1 year of transitional housing for adult men and women in need of substance abuse counseling and housing. Meals are provided and there is a laundry facilitiy. Potential participants must be clean/sober for 30 days. Fees are based on a sliding fee scale. The program has the capacity to house up to 10 people at a time. For more information contact Adult Halfway House or visit the Area Substance Abuse Council website.

Helpful Definitions For Area Substance Abuse Council - Adult Halfway House (substance Abuse):
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Halfway Housing helps transition individuals and families from shelters or homelessness to permanent housing. Length of stay is usually anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.  Residents are often required to pay at least 30% of their income toward program fees.  Sometimes the money they pay in fees is returned to them when they leave. Any emergency or homeless shelter that allows their clients to stay more then 6 months is also classified under this category.
Oftentimes halfway houses also assist in the treatment of substance abuse and/or alcohol and drug detox. Speak with the halfway house to see if this applies.

How To Volunteer at Area Substance Abuse Council - Adult Halfway House (substance Abuse):
Be a volunteer. Call Area Substance Abuse Council - Adult Halfway House (substance Abuse) at 319-390-4611 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Area Substance Abuse Council - Adult Halfway House (substance Abuse)' directly at: 319-390-4611

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Area Substance Abuse Council - Adult Halfway House (substance Abuse), please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...