Victim Outreach Intervention Center (VOICe)

P.o. Box 293
Evans City, PA 16033

(800) 400-8551 Go To Website
Class of Housing: Emergency Crisis Shelter is a 30-day temporary housing option for survivors and their minor children who must flee their homes because of domestic violence.

General Information:
Shelter Services Emergency Crisis Shelter is a 30-day temporary housing option for survivors and their minor children who must flee their homes because of domestic violence. Shelter provides an environment for survivors that is safe, secure and supportive. While in shelter, survivors work one-on-one with Advocates to make personalized safety plans and goal plans in order to move past the abuse that brought them into shelter. Whether survivors’ goals are to leave the relationship, return to the relationship, or anything in between, VOICe Advocates are here to support survivors’ decisions and help survivors work toward their goals in the safest way possible. Shelter also provides survivors with an environment of other survivors in similar, but different, situations. Together, survivors can participate in educative and empowering group counseling in order to learn and grow during their time away from their relationship. Transitional Housing In addition to the Emergency Crisis Shelter, VOICe maintains two transitional housing programs within Butler County. The programs focus on different goals, so eligibility requirements vary. To speak with an Advocate, please call 1-800-400-8551.


Helpful Definitions For Victim Outreach Intervention Center (VOICe):

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at Victim Outreach Intervention Center (VOICe):
Be a volunteer. Call Victim Outreach Intervention Center (VOICe) at (800) 400-8551 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Victim Outreach Intervention Center (VOICe)' directly at: (800) 400-8551

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Victim Outreach Intervention Center (VOICe), please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...