499 W. 4th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97402

(541) 686-1262 Go To Website
Class of Housing: Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing, Supportive Housing

General Information:
We serve families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and adults who have a mental illness or a brain injury.   We offer a variety of housing support services for the homeless or those facing homelessness with a committed focus on the community's most vulnerable individuals dealing with psychiatric disabiities, an acquired brain injury and homeless families. We can provide:     * Emergency Shelter     * Transitional Housing Services     * Vital Long-term Supported Housing Additionally we provide:     * One-on-one and group support to build skills for independent living and household stability.     * Assistance with basic needs such as food, clothing, and household supplies.


Helpful Definitions For Sheltercare:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Sheltercare' directly at: (541) 686-1262

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Sheltercare, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...