St. Vincent De Paul Society - Connections Transitional Housing

P.o. Box 24608
Eugene, OR 97402

541-687-5820 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Transitional housing.

General Information:
Connections Transitional Housing helps homeless families transition from repeated episodes of homelessness to stability. Intensive case management, innovative and appropriate services, and affordable housing for up to two years help families break the cycle of homelessness. Connections helps 36 Oregon families annually. Since its beginning in 1993, Connections has helped more than 350 families. Four of those have purchased their own homes through St. Vincent de Paul. Innovative Services include: Parent education Activity groups for adults and youth Financial literacy classes Long-term goal setting Career coaching Links to other St. Vincent de Paul services Enrichment groups for adults and children Individual development accounts (IDAs)


Helpful Definitions For St. Vincent De Paul Society - Connections Transitional Housing:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'St. Vincent De Paul Society - Connections Transitional Housing' directly at: 541-687-5820

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding St. Vincent De Paul Society - Connections Transitional Housing, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...