Home » Michigan » St Johns

Relief After Violent Encounter - Transitional Supportive Housing

P.o. Box 472
St Johns, MI 48879

General Information:

24 Hour Toll-Free Crisis Line: 877-952-7283 The Transitional Supportive Housing program provides transitional housing for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence and their dependent children. For more information call the crisis line, contact Relief After Violent Encounter or visit the Relief After Violent Encounter website. If our information is incomplete or incorrect please report this listing and let us know.
Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For Relief After Violent Encounter - Transitional Supportive Housing:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

How To Volunteer at Relief After Violent Encounter - Transitional Supportive Housing:

Be a volunteer. Call Relief After Violent Encounter - Transitional Supportive Housing at 989-224-4662 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:

ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call Relief After Violent Encounter - Transitional Supportive Housing directly at: 989-224-4662
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Relief After Violent Encounter - Transitional Supportive Housing, please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: