Cardillac Area Oasis - Transitional Supportive Housing

601 Chestnut Street
Cadillac, MI 49601

General Information:
Crisis Lines: 1-800-775-4646 231-775-SAFE (7233) The Transitional Supportive Housing program provides up to 24 months of transitional housing for victims of domestic violence with children. The program consists of 9 scattered site units. For more information call one of the crisis lines, contact Cardillac Area OASIS or visit the Cardillac Area OASIS website.

Helpful Definitions For Cardillac Area Oasis - Transitional Supportive Housing:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

How To Volunteer at Cardillac Area Oasis - Transitional Supportive Housing:
Be a volunteer. Call Cardillac Area Oasis - Transitional Supportive Housing at 231-775-7299 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Cardillac Area Oasis - Transitional Supportive Housing' directly at: 231-775-7299

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Cardillac Area Oasis - Transitional Supportive Housing, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...