Domestic Violence Center

5457 Twin Knolls Rd.
Columbia, MD 21045

General Information:
24/7 HELPLINE: 410-997-2272 The Domestic Violence Center provides emergency shelter and transitional housing for victims of domestic violence and victims of domestic violence and their children. Emergency Shelter: Up to 45 days Transitional Housing: Up to 6 months Services include: - Individual case management - Counseling - Advocacy - Support groups For more information call the 24/7 HELPLINE, contact the Domestic Violence Center or visit the Domestic Violence Center website.

Helpful Definitions For Domestic Violence Center:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at Domestic Violence Center:
Be a volunteer. Call Domestic Violence Center at 410-997-0304 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Domestic Violence Center' directly at: 410-997-0304

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Domestic Violence Center, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...