Home » Maryland » Baltimore

I Can - Supportive Housing Program (for Men)

2215 Greenmount Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21218
410-467-0048 ex

General Information:

The Supportive Housing Program provides up to 24 months of transitional housing for up to 58 men at a time. Case management is provided. No income is required to enter the program but an occupancy fee of up to 30% of clients income is charged once income is obtained. Eligibility Criteria: 1. Must be homeless and/or have a history of residential instability. 2. Must be 18 years of age or older. 3. Must be drug free. 4. Must be willing to address the issues that lead to homelessness. 5. Must be willing to work toward goals that will lead to residential stability by establishing financial independence and self-sufficiency. 6. Must be willing to live in a structured environment. 7. Must agree to case management and ISAP (SERVICE PLAN) For more information contact the Supportive Housing Program or visit the I CAN website.
Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For I Can - Supportive Housing Program (for Men):

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

How To Volunteer at I Can - Supportive Housing Program (for Men):

Be a volunteer. Call I Can - Supportive Housing Program (for Men) at 410-467-0048 ex for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:

ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call I Can - Supportive Housing Program (for Men) directly at: 410-467-0048 ex
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding I Can - Supportive Housing Program (for Men), please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: