Home » Maryland » Baltimore

House Of Ruth Maryland - Transitional Housing (for Women And Children)

2201 Argonne Drive
Baltimore, MD 21218

General Information:

24-Hour Hotline: 410-889-RUTH (7884) The Transitional Housing program provides up to 2 years of transitional housing for battered women and women with children. Other services include: - Individual - Group counseling - Legal services - Child care - Children's therapy - Health clinic - Wellness programs The women are required to maintain a source of income and pay subsidized rent. Residents who have issues regarding mental health or substance abuse must seek and stay in treatment. For more information contact House of Ruth Maryland, call the hotline or visit the House of Ruth Maryland website.
Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For House Of Ruth Maryland - Transitional Housing (for Women And Children):

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.
How To Volunteer at House Of Ruth Maryland - Transitional Housing (for Women And Children):

Be a volunteer. Call House Of Ruth Maryland - Transitional Housing (for Women And Children) at 410-889-0840 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:

ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call House Of Ruth Maryland - Transitional Housing (for Women And Children) directly at: 410-889-0840
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding House Of Ruth Maryland - Transitional Housing (for Women And Children), please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: