United Caring Shelters - Transitional Housing

324 Nw 6th St.
Evansville, IN 47708

(812) 426-9960 Go To Website
Class of Housing: Transitional Housing Program.

General Information:
Open 24 hours a day. Transitional Housing The Transitional Housing/Shared Spaces Apartment Program has 21 studio apartments, available for men or women, located on the third and fourth floors of our facility. We provide a residential setting with intensive Case Management, support and encouragement. Each apartment has a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living area.   Applicants for this Program must meet strict guidelines prior to residency, including a criminal background check. The Evansville Housing Authority supplements the low income residents’ rent through Section 8 funding.   The Program participants work closely with the Transitional Housing Case Manager to set goals and develop an Action Plan that will allow them to achieve those goals.  While each individual has a unique Action Plan, we also offer general classes such as Personal Finance and Budgeting, Basic Computer Skills, Healthy Cooking on a Budget, and others that all Program participants are required to attend. We also provide access to counseling and classes that address relational issues, coping skills, assertiveness, anger management,  substance abuse, stress management and spirituality/meditation.   Our Transitional Housing Case Manager ensures that our Program participants have the tools, techniques and disciplines that they need to renew life sustaining personal relationships, be successful in obtaining and keeping gainful, full-time employment and securing permanent housing, in a maximum time frame of two years.    Statistics   36 Individuals participated in the Program 11 Individuals moved into permanent housing and independent living

Website: http://www.unitedcaringservices.org/

Helpful Definitions For United Caring Shelters - Transitional Housing:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'United Caring Shelters - Transitional Housing' directly at: (812) 426-9960

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding United Caring Shelters - Transitional Housing, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...