My Sister's Place - Transitional Housing Program (for Women And Children)

102 Pliny Street
Hartford, CT 06120

860-549-1634 Go To Website
Class of Housing/Services: transitional and supportive housing.

General Information:
The Transitional Housing Program provides up to 2 years of transitional housing for women and women with children. The building consists of 19 apartments with 1 to 4 bedrooms in each unit. Services include: - Life skills programs - Education - Empowerment groups - Support groups - Case management For more information contact the Transitional Housing Program or visit the My Sister's Place website. My Sisters' Place is proud to provide a comprehensive array of outreach and services that is unmatched by any other organization in the Hartford, Connecticut region. From safe housing and education to employment and empowerment, our organization provides real, life-changing benefits to clients. Improved neighborhoods, attractive housing, working citizens – these are the real benefits My Sisters' Place brings to the community. My Sisters' Place primarily serves women and children by providing housing, food, and other basic but vital needs. Our multiple facilities and wide-range of services are located in Hartford's North End, with the majority of our residents coming from the Greater Hartford region.


Helpful Definitions For My Sister's Place - Transitional Housing Program (for Women And Children):
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at My Sister's Place - Transitional Housing Program (for Women And Children):
Be a volunteer. Call My Sister's Place - Transitional Housing Program (for Women And Children) at 860-549-1634 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'My Sister's Place - Transitional Housing Program (for Women And Children)' directly at: 860-549-1634

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding My Sister's Place - Transitional Housing Program (for Women And Children), please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...