Lifemoves - Haven Family House

260 Van Buren Rd
Menlo Park, CA 94025

650-325-8719 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Haven Family House provides interim shelter and services for homeless families.

General Information:
Haven Family House provides up to 4 months of transitional housing for formerly homeless families. Assistance programs include: - e-on-One Counseling - Mandatory Savings Program - On-site Food Pantry - Children's Playground - Internet Computer Center - Life Skills Workshops - Licensed Childcare Center The program has the capacity to house up to 15 homeless families at a time in one- and two-bedroom apartments. Adult residents are assigned chores. Families prepare their own meals from a fully stocked pantry. Get Shelter and Services in San Mateo County To access IVSN’s services in San Mateo County, please contact one of the Referral Agencies below. Our shelters cannot accept walk-ins. A referral is required. How to Access Shelter in San Mateo County     Call a referral agency nearest you (listed below) and speak to a social worker     They will offer an IVSN referral based on shelter openings. They will also suggest temporary resources and other programs that can help you. Referral Agencies Coastside Hope 99 Avenue Alhambra El Granada, CA 94019 (650) 726-9071 Serves: El Granada, Half Moon Bay, La Honda, Montara, Moss Beach, Pescadero, San Gregorio Daly City Community Services Center 350 90th Street Daly City, CA 94015 (650) 991-8007 Serves: Daly City, Broadmoor, Colma Fair Oaks Community Center 2600 Middlefield Road Redwood City, CA 94063 (650) 780-7500 Serves: Redwood City, Portola Valley, North Fair Oaks, Woodside, Atherton El Concilio of San Mateo County 1798 Bay Road East Palo Alto, CA 94303 (650) 330-7432 Serves: East Palo Alto and Menlo Park North Peninsula Neighborhood Service Center 600 Linden Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 (650) 583-3373 or (650) 588-8822 Serves: South San Francisco, San Bruno, Brisbane Pacifica Resource Center 1809 Palmetto Drive Pacifica, CA 94044 (650) 738-7470 Serves: Pacifica, North of Devils Slide Samaritan House 4031 Pacific Blvd. (@ 42nd Avenue) San Mateo, CA 94402 (650) 347-3648 Serves: San Mateo, Burlingame, Millbrae, Hillsborough, Belmont, San Carlos, Foster City


Helpful Definitions For Lifemoves - Haven Family House:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at Lifemoves - Haven Family House:
Be a volunteer. Call Lifemoves - Haven Family House at 650-325-8719 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Lifemoves - Haven Family House' directly at: 650-325-8719

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Lifemoves - Haven Family House, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...