Haven for Hope
San Antonio, TX 78207
UPDATE THIS LISTING
- Haven for Hope is the largest, most comprehensive Homeless Transformation Campus in the U.S.A.
- Haven for Hope conducted a best practice study reviewing the homeless services in 12 states and over 200 shelter operations.
- The Haven for Hope Campus is made up of 15 Buildings, on 37 Acres, with almost a half a million square feet of service space under roof.
- Haven for Hope currently has a network of service provision with 78 non-profit and government Partner Agencies
- On any given night there will be roughly 1600 individuals residing on the Haven for Hope Campus.
- 25,000 people in San Antonio experience homelessness during each year in San Antonio.
- Between 3,500 and 4,500 individuals experience homelessness each night in San Antonio.
- 25% of the homeless are children, half of which are under age 5.
- Family homelessness in Texas has increased 15.9% since 2008.
- 23% of the homeless are Veterans.
- 60% of the homeless experience severe substance abuse and/or mental illness.
New Arrivals to Haven for Hope's Transformational Campus and Prospects Courtyard Safe Sleeping Area are done on a walk-in basis.
To be eligible for our shelter and services you MUST:
Be homeless (Lacking a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence) or be at immediate risk of homelessness
Be a resident of Bexar County with proof of residency
Proof of residency is a document that proves your status as a Bexar County resident; for example, tax documents, dated store receipts, library cards, etc.
Have government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport, military ID, or any state or federally issued photo ID) or be willing to obtain government issued photo ID within 30 days
Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.
Be a volunteer. Call Haven for Hope at 210-220-2100 for current volunteer work opportunities.
ShelterListings.org does our best to provide free services. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some charge small fees. We always urge users of our website to visit the websites of the providers when we provide them or give them a phone call to find out more details. Our service is to provide a list of possible resources.
Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.
Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.
If you need immediate assistance call Haven for Hope directly at: 210-220-2100
ShelterListings.org is an informational assistance website providing listings only. If you have information that can help users regarding Haven for Hope, please provide it below.